When Alysa Taylor, Vice President of Microsoft Business Applications, announced features such as artificial intelligence and mixed reality for Microsoft Dynamics 365, many tech forums went crazy and were curious how these new features would look like. Since November 2018 Microsoft Dynamics 365 AI for Sales is now available and in the following blog article we would like to explain you with a small tutorial how to deploy AI functions on your Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM instance and briefly explain the advantages.
The new features of Dynamics 365 AI for Sales build on features already included in the core of Dynamics 365 for Sales. Existing data from Office 365, Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn are merged to provide additional insights for sales teams, sales managers and, of course, senior executives.
How Dynamics 365 AI for Sales Supports the Sales Team
- Focus on key businesses: AI Supports leads and opportunities with the highest probability of success to identify and prioritize. Prioritization is based on a wide range of signals that would otherwise have been overlooked.
- More transparent communication with potential customers: Sales staff can see which colleague has already been in contact with the potential customer. Thanks to the integration and evaluation of all activities from Office 365, the purchasing process can be seamlessly continued by every employee in the company.
- State-of-the-art customer relationship management: Using signals based on data from Dynamics 365, LinkedIn and Office 365, sales employees can see the current sales status and possible risks of all the customer relationships. Customers who need to be accustomed more intensively can thus be identified.
- Personalization of customer interactions: Enables personalized and relevant information to be delivered based on embedded analytics that provide recommendations for next steps with the customer.
- Automated sales process: Increases productivity with contextual suggestions such as creating a new contact based on information gathered from salesperson notes.
- Proactive Leadership: Enables sales managers better understand sales performance with interactive reports on KPIs, pipelines and deals. These productivity metrics can be used to coach sales staff more effectively.
- Effective Training: AI for Sales generates insights from sales call records to derive useful information, compare it with metrics, and improve employee performance.
Deploying Dynamics 365 AI for Sales
Step 1: Click on the App Launcher and select the Admin App
Step 2: The Microsoft 365 Admin Center opens. Open the Admin Center and select Dynamics 365.
Step 3: The Dynamics 365 Administration Center opens. Click on Applications.
Step 4: Select Dynamics 365 AI for Sales and click Manage.
Step 5: Select "Consent on behalf of your organization" and click accept.
Step 7: Microsoft Dynamics 365 AI for Sales is installed, and you can track the status of the installation.